Last Friday I had my first “social” night out since being pregnant and having the baby… yes it’s been 11 months since I’ve enjoyed a tipple!
A small group of us went to see the opening act at the Abu Dhabi F1: the legendary pop princess that is Kylie Minogue.
Here’s the things I noticed:
- Just one white wine spritzer affected me!
- No matter what size you are, or how extensive your wardrobe is, you never have anything to wear for a night out
- People that I hadn’t seen for a long time only seemed to ask me about the baby
- I knew more Kylie songs than I realised
- I was conscious how much I talked about baby O
- I threw an “after party” but only drank water
- I tried to hold my belly in all night but kept forgetting
- I enjoyed my freedom but felt guilty too
- Looking after a nine week old baby the day after a night out isn’t easy
- My friends were very positive about how I’m looking – I’m defo going to blog about the trials of losing the baby weight
So there you have it. Kylie was brilliant and I’m looking forward to the next night out – although I’m certainly not going to be a party queen every weekend!