There are a squillion reasons why being a working mum is tough. To be honest – being a mum full stop is tough! But this post isn’t about whinging or whining about how hard it is. It’s more about acknowledging them and *hopefully* moving on!
The things that I find hard about being a working mum…
- Hearing your baby boy cry from outside as you leave the house
- Having to change your work clothes last minute due to dribble, baby breakfast etc finding its way onto you
- Seeing the delight on your baby’s face when the nanny comes into the house. Totally heartbreaking
- Missing bed time or seeing your baby in the evening because you have had to work late
- The judgement from others that you’re not at home with your baby all day. It amazes me that people feel they can comment on your life
- Leaving a poorly baby to go to work who just needs cuddles
- Trying to function at work after a night of being awake due to baby illness, night feeds etc
- Trying to function at work after a week of limited sleep due to baby illness, night feeds etc
- Mid week social activities. I just want to get home to my little family after work
- Controlling the emotions at work. Since having a baby I know I am definitely more emotional
An the real biggie for me…. I can’t seem to find that part of my brain or memory I know I definitely had before having a baby. Words, thoughts and creativity are more often than not at a loss! Not ideal really is it?!
I think that’s enough! I’ll send myself into a downward spiral if I’m not careful!
What would you add?